Interested in adopting a new family member?
We are here to help you find the one for you!
When you come to the shelter please bring your photo Identification and an open mind and heart. Our amazing staff and volunteers will work with you throughout your visit to help find the right companion for you.
Cats and dogs are available for adoption at Precious Paws.
Our adoption fee covers spay/neuter, core vaccines, and microchip.
Be sure to check out our FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions.
If you are interested in learning more or to meet an available animal to adopt, please click the button below!
1.Take a look at our adoptable animals! We ask that adopters have a specific animal or a few in mind before reaching out to make an appointment.
2. Contact us by filling out our contact us form or call us to get in touch with a staff member. We’ll be able to provide more information on the animal(s) you’re interested in and can set up an appointment for you to meet them!
Please allow a few days for a reply. We try to get back to everyone within 1-2 days, but sometimes we experience a large volume of inquiries and may be delayed. We are a very small team working to get back to everyone! We thank you so much for your patience and understanding while you wait.
3. Appointments to meet our animals are available from Monday - Saturday, by appointment only. We are closed on Sunday's.
4. After meeting our animals at our facility, you can fill out an application if you’d like to apply to adopt them at the shelter or fill out the adoption application online and submit.
* If applying for a dog or a cat, we do ask for proof that you can have a cat or dog where you live. Such as a pet policy on your lease, a letter from your building management, or proof of ownership if you own. Bringing this documentation with you during your visit will expedite the processing time of your application.
5. It may take more than one meet and greet to approve your application, especially with some of our dogs. Ideally, every member of the household will need to meet the animal at some point during the process. Meeting the animal does not guarantee approval of adoption.
6. We take multiple applications on all of our animals in an effort to find the best fit possible in a timely manner. If the animal you are interested in is adopted before you can complete the process, we are happy to work with you to find another potential match.
Meeting the animal does not guarantee approval of adoption.
Precious Paws reserves the right to refuse any adoption.